For our Head office in The Hague in the Netherlands, BAM International is looking for a Vessel Superintendent for our Plant department.
DescriptionAmong BAM International’s crucial assets is a wide range of technologically advanced equipment. This high-quality floating, land-based or jack-up equipment makes it possible to competitively execute projects whatever their size or complexity. Many systems and technologies are purpose-designed for specific jobs, but open up new possibilities on later projects. Our policy is aimed at an efficient deployment of people and equipment, including the possibility of renting out.
As Vessel Superintendent with BAM International you ensure safe availability and reliability of all plant assigned to you including the budget control and reporting that comes with this. Your will work from the BAM International head office in The Hague and travel abroad for approximately one week per month.
Main responsibilities include:
- Report, administrate, and control all responsibilities and tasks through the designated Enterprise Resource Program (ERP)
- Ensure compliance with the Companies Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure the equipment (vessels) are in compliance with the applicable statutory and class regulations.
- Ensure maintenance is in accordance with the applicable Rules & Regulations, industry standards and OEM recommendations
- Ensure the assigned equipment is manned with sufficient competent crew, in accordance with the operational safe manning requirements, and the Crew / Operators hold the specific competence / training
- Ensure valid & correct insurance cover at all times
- Prepare the operational equipment budget in accordance with the Company’s best economic interests
- Prepare the required capitalized budget, in accordance with the Company’s best economic interests, to fulfil all requirements in respect of rules & regulations, strategies and performance standards
- Assist on investment and disinvestment proposals for plant or Projects as requested;
- Assist on mobilisation of owned equipment (vessels) on projects to ensure timely and correct availability.
Job RequirementsAs Vessel Superintendent you have the following qualifications:
- Bsc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Marine Engineering;
- Knowledge of-, and experience with preparing and executing of dockings of barges and vessels;
- Knowledge of equipment (ship’s) systems, electrical and Hydraulical installations;
- Experience of preparation and executing of Statutory and Class Surveys;
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar role;
- Basic financial accounting knowledge;
- Fluent in English verbally and in writing;
- Knowledge of-, and experience with marine & offshore regulations;
- Knowledge of-, and experience with marine technology and engineering;
- Result driven and excellent in planning & organising;
- Proactive Team player with hands-on mentality;
- Eager to travel outside Europe;
- Flexibility to adapt to very diverse site circumstances;
- Holding a valid work permit for The Netherlands is a must.
What do we offer?Working for BAM International means a challenging and dynamic working environment where individual contribution means a lot. We offer comprehensive training possibilities, a fitting salary and benefits package and career advancement opportunities. BAM International has an open, informal company culture with short reporting lines.
Company InformationBAM International bv is an operating company of Royal BAM Group - the Netherlands. BAM International operates worldwide, working on construction projects in the fields of civil engineering, general building, infrastructure and industrial works and is involved in multidisciplinary projects for the oil and gas industry.
BAM International’s head office is based in the Netherlands and has regional offices in all continents. The company currently employs over 3000 employees worldwide.
The BAM International team is known for its dedication in bringing value to their clients’ projects. We offer our employees a challenging and safe working environment with excellent opportunities for personal development.