BAM International is currently looking for an expereinced Commercial Manager to join our team in The Hague
DescriptionThe Commercial Manager will report directly to the Commercial Director of BAM International,
Mark Bendelow, and support the Area and Project Commercial Managers in ensuring company
procedures and requirement of terms and conditions of contract are adhered to.
Main tasks and activities:
Strategy and Management
- Advise and report regularly to the Commercial Director and the board on contractual and legal matters
- Explore opportunities to maximise revenue and reduce cost
- Review Management reports and monitor project cash management
- Advise and support with project correspondence
- Identify and investigate losses
- Monitor the overall cash position
- Support the dispute resolution process
- Advise on project budget
- Review monthly cost reports
- Ensure risk registers, variation trackers and extension of time tracker sheets are reviewed and updated monthly and included within monthly reports
- Support to the initiation and setting up of projects
- Tender review/enquiries/clarifications
- Advise bonds, guarantee wordings and insurance issues
- Prepare, negotiate JV and consortium agreements
- Post tender pre contract negotiations
- Prepare Tender submission cashflow
- Advise on contractual matters and contractual approach with client
- Identify contract grounds for claim and determine claim strategy
- Review notices and contractual correspondence
- Prepare claim entitlements and follow negotiations
- Advise on dispute avoidance and resolution
Job RequirementsFor this position, we are looking for a mature commercial professional with a successful (international)
track record within the construction industry.
- At least 15 years of functional excellence in a comparable position;
- Degree in Quantity Surveying;
- Commercial Management across a broad range of projects within civil, marine, industrial;
- Exposure to various types of contract e.g. NEC, Fidic;
- Experience of resolving and avoiding disputes is preferable;
- Experience in mediation, adjudication, arbitration and litigation is beneficial
- Fluency in all aspects of the English language is essential
- Availability to travel outside of Europe (15%)
- Holding a valid work permit for The Netherlands is a must
What do we offer?Working for BAM International means a challenging working environment where individual contribution means a lot. We offer comprehensive training possibilities, a fitting salary and benefits package and career advancement opportunities. BAM International has an open, informal company culture with short reporting lines.
Company InformationBAM International bv is an operating company of Royal BAM Group - the Netherlands. BAM International operates worldwide (outside Western Europe), working on construction projects in the fields of civil engineering, general building, infrastructure and industrial works and is involved in multidisciplinary projects for the oil and gas industry.
BAM International’s head office is based in the Netherlands and has regional offices in all continents. The company currently employs over 3000 employees worldwide. The BAM International team is known for its dedication in bringing value to their clients’ projects. We offer our employees a challenging and safe working environment with excellent opportunities for personal development.