Site Engineer - Donegal
- Set out the works and ensure that foremen and operatives clearly understand the information provided
- Disseminate information from drawings, specifications, etc. to foremen, operatives, subcontractors, so that they clearly understand what is required
- Test materials as directed by your supervisor/line manager in accordance with the relevant specifications
- Record all daily activities, relevant information and occurrences in your site diary
- Record and report on work progress including that of subcontractors to your manager
- Pursue, proactively your own development and training. (i.e. complete the work-based development programme in a timely manner)
- Conduct your work in a safe manner – correct and report those who do not
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all personnel.
- Monitor and check setting out instruments and testing equipment.
- Maximise profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work
- Follow directions and attend meetings as required
- A third level qualification in Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in setting out or site engineer
- Experience working with a main contractor, subcontractor, surveying firm or similar preferred
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Project, PowerPoint etc.
What do we offer?Employment conditions
BAM Ireland are long standing & reputable main contractors who are committed to providing the successful candidate with excellent career progression opportunities in addition to on-going professional development. BAM Ireland’s key asset is its people, we focus on recruiting and retaining our employees so that the company can continue to develop and succeed within the industry.
Why join BAM Ireland
Opportunities! Opportunities to work with a great team on some of Irelands largest and most exciting construction and civil engineering projects. Opportunity to develop your skills to the highest industry standards while earning competitive salaries.
If successful, you will be part of a dynamic team that works together to deliver results but also to further develop your career through our four key pillars; open collaboration, scalable learning, proactive ownership and predictable performance.
BAM are committed to its employees and offer strong competitive salaries along with benefits such as; 8% pension contribution, health care program, Learning and Development opportunities, further education, company vehicles (depending on the role), opportunities to travel, bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements and many more.
You will enjoy working with a committed, enthusiastic and experienced team guided by a highly experienced Manager who will provide you with support & development throughout the project. It's a fast paced, processed driven environment where teamwork and sharing priorities on a regular basis is key to success. No two days are the same
At BAM we are committed to learning and development and with our CPD accreditation from Engineers Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Company InformationWho are we:
BAM Ireland ranks among the top Building & Civil Engineering Contractors operating both in Ireland and internationally and has carried out projects of the largest scale and complexity. We build, refurbish and extend buildings around the country and cover all sectors – Healthcare, Industrial, Civic, Leisure, Offices, Residential, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Hi-Tech and Data-Centre’s. We successfully deliver projects with the highest standards, safety and attention to detail & we have won many industry awards in the process.
All CVS’s are treated in the strictest confidence. BAM Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
About the project
BAM Ireland are the main contractors on the N56 Dungloe to Cloghbolie Road Scheme.
The N56 Dungloe to Cloghbolie Road Scheme consists of two areas of
work: Part A: N56 Dungloe to Cloghbolie Works: this includes the construction
of 7km of Standard Single Type 3 Carriageway forming the N56 National
Part B: N56 Boyoughter to Kilkenny Cycleway Works: this includes
approximately 3.35km of cycleway.
Luas Red Cow Depot
Luas Red Cow Maintenance Depot Building
N11 Newlands Cross, Dublin
Widening of the Naas road and flyover at Newlands Cross
Corrib Gas Tunnel
4.9km Corrib tunnel under Sruwaddacon Bay