Senior Land Surveyor
Senior Land Surveyor
- Processes and checks design information
- Coordinates and manages data transfer from design teams to ensure accurate and in the format required
- Disseminates setting out information to survey teams and engineers on site
- Manages quality control of survey equipment to ensure all calibrated and working accurately
- Manages hire rates and durations of external survey teams – can work to budgets.
- Establishes and checks site grids to ensure accuracy. Ables to establish permanent base stations and daily sets ups for machine control, ATS and GPS enables equipment
- Trains junior engineers and surveyors in fundamentals of land surveys and checks of equipment etc.
- Does independent checking of the works of other surveyors and engineers
- Undertakes monthly volume checks of earthwork movements in the month for payments
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Trimble Terramodel (or similar volume software)
- Able to produce cross sections
- Can draw simple road realignments and sections
- Has worked and managed survey teams on long linear schemes involving more than 2.5 million m3 of earthworks movement
- Candidates must have a suitable 3rd Level Qualification in Surveying, Engineering or Draughting.
- Candidate must have at least 3 years relevant experience.
- Surveyor Candidates must be proficient in the use of Total Stations, GPS Equipment and Laser Scanning Equipment.
- Advanced Processing Skills in Surveying Software is required.
- Experience in Point Cloud Registration using Cyclone or Real works is desirable.
- AutoCAD Skills must be at a high level.
- 3D Modelling Skills in AutoCAD and Revit is highly desirable.
What do we offer?Employment conditions
BAM Ireland are long standing & reputable main contractors who are committed to providing the successful candidate with excellent career progression opportunities in addition to on-going professional development. BAM Ireland’s key asset is its people, we focus on recruiting and retaining our employees so that the company can continue to develop and succeed within the industry.
Why join BAM Ireland
Opportunities! Opportunities to work with a great team on some of Irelands largest and most exciting construction and civil engineering projects. Opportunity to develop your skills to the highest industry standards while earning competitive salaries.
If successful, you will be part of a dynamic team that works together to deliver results but also to further develop your career through our four key pillars; open collaboration, scalable learning, proactive ownership and predictable performance.
BAM are committed to its employees and offer strong competitive salaries along with benefits such as; 8% pension contribution, health care program, Learning and Development opportunities, further education, company vehicles (depending on the role), opportunities to travel, bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements and many more.
You will enjoy working with a committed, enthusiastic and experienced team guided by a highly experienced Manager who will provide you with support & development throughout the project. It's a fast paced, processed driven environment where teamwork and sharing priorities on a regular basis is key to success. No two days are the same
At BAM we are committed to learning and development and with our CPD accreditation from Engineers Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Company InformationWho are we:
BAM Ireland ranks among the top Building & Civil Engineering Contractors operating both in Ireland and internationally and has carried out projects of the largest scale and complexity. We build, refurbish and extend buildings around the country and cover all sectors – Healthcare, Industrial, Civic, Leisure, Offices, Residential, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Hi-Tech and Data-Centre’s. We successfully deliver projects with the highest standards, safety and attention to detail & we have won many industry awards in the process.
All CVS’s are treated in the strictest confidence. BAM Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
About the Project
The development, at an overall cost of €241 million, involves the construction of 20.3km of dual carriageway from Westport to Turlough. The route stretches from Deerpark East in Westport to the village of Ballyneggin, near Turlough, Castlebar, in addition to a 2.5km single carriageway link to the N59 Westport to Mulranny national secondary road.
Luas Red Cow Depot
Luas Red Cow Maintenance Depot Building
N11 Newlands Cross, Dublin
Widening of the Naas road and flyover at Newlands Cross
Corrib Gas Tunnel
4.9km Corrib tunnel under Sruwaddacon Bay