Section Foreman NCH
Section Foreman NCH
- Complete all associated external works in accordance with the program
- Provide Technical support to the Project Team
- Co-ordination of the supply chain procurement process
- Assist with build ability issues and value engineering related to the external envelope.
- Maintain a continuous focus on Health & Safety and Quality Assurance
- Deliver projects on time and within budget
- Supervise, coordinate and monitor sub-contractors’ performance
- Maintain accurate records of extra works and variations and ensuring appropriate communication of such work and variation
- Check and understand all drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors / omissions are formally communicated to Project Manager.
- Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good building practice
- Ensure compliance with the company's quality procedures.
- Maintaining a tidy, safe and efficient site at all times
- Liaising with the client in a professional manner when required
- Relevant professional qualification
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role on construction/civils projects
- Ability to work on large scale, high headcount construction sites & sub-contractors essential.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong understanding of the construction industry and working on site
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
What do we offer?Employment conditions
BAM Ireland are long standing & reputable main contractors who are committed to providing the successful candidate with excellent career progression opportunities in addition to on-going professional development. BAM Ireland’s key asset is its people, we focus on recruiting and retaining our employees so that the company can continue to develop and succeed within the industry.
Why join BAM Ireland
Opportunities! Opportunities to work with a great team on some of Irelands largest and most exciting construction and civil engineering projects. Opportunity to develop your skills to the highest industry standards while earning competitive salaries.
If successful, you will be part of a dynamic team that works together to deliver results but also to further develop your career through our four key pillars; open collaboration, scalable learning, proactive ownership and predictable performance.
BAM are committed to its employees and offer strong competitive salaries along with benefits such as; 8% pension contribution, health care program, Learning and Development opportunities, further education, company vehicles (depending on the role), opportunities to travel, bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements and many more.
You will enjoy working with a committed, enthusiastic and experienced team guided by a highly experienced Manager who will provide you with support & development throughout the project. It's a fast paced, processed driven environment where teamwork and sharing priorities on a regular basis is key to success. No two days are the same
At BAM we are committed to learning and development and with our CPD accreditation from Engineers Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Company InformationWho are we:
BAM Ireland ranks among the top Building & Civil Engineering Contractors operating both in Ireland and internationally and has carried out projects of the largest scale and complexity. We build, refurbish and extend buildings around the country and cover all sectors – Healthcare, Industrial, Civic, Leisure, Offices, Residential, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Hi-Tech and Data-Centre’s. We successfully deliver projects with the highest standards, safety and attention to detail & we have won many industry awards in the process.
All CVS’s are treated in the strictest confidence. BAM Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
About the project
BAM Ireland are the main contractors on the New Children’s Hospital that will be finished in 2021. The hospital will be the largest government project in the history of the state. The new children’s hospital will be 7 stories at its highest, comprising of approx. 160,000m2 of accommodation including the car park. The hospital will have 6150 rooms in total, with 380 individual inpatient rooms, each with an en-suite and bed for parent to sleep near their child, 93 Day Beds and 22 operating theatres and procedure rooms. The hospital will have 1,000 underground car parking spaces (675 of these for families which can be pre-booked and 31 Emergency spaces outside ED supported by a concierge). When completed the project will be the size of Dundrum Town Centre, with an internal street the length of Grafton Street. The hospital will have 4 acres of outdoor areas and 14 gardens and internal courtyards – including the Rainbow Garden which is the length of Croke Park.