Quality Manager Dublin
DescriptionRoles and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Senior management team, site and office personnel to ensure compliance with the QMS.
- Working closely with Senior Management within the group, take full responsibility for the management of the company Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance to the ISO 900:2015 standards.
- Work with others in the company to develop, promote, and achieve improvements and higher standards in the quality of company operations and completed works.
- Liaise with NSAI and coordinate activities for the annual NSAI audit. Responsible for facilitating Customer and Regulatory audits including generation of corrective actions and ensuring responses to the relevant third party.
- Carry out regular audits of sites, head office, and any other location relevant and issue audit reports to the Senior Management Team.
- Take records of QMS Management Review meetings and circulate to the relevant personnel.
- Prepare regular status reports for the Directors.
- Prepare Quality Management Plans (QMP) for projects as they commence.
- Regularly inspect the works for compliance with specification, quality of workmanship, building standards, Building Regulations, and adherence to programme.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations
- Devise and review specifications for processes.
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance.
- Supervise and provide guidance and feedback.
- Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements.
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis.
- Ensure that the quality management system and quality control procedures are implemented, that inspections take place, and that records are kept.
- Compile assessment reports at Practical / Substantial Completion, noting adherence to / divergence from the QMS and QMP and performance of site management and subcontractors.
- Ensure that all documentation is filed and maintained in the standard company format.
Job RequirementsJob Specification
- Minimum of 3 years working on site with a large-scale construction/engineering organisation.
- Minimum Degree qualification or higher.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use time productively, maximise efficiency and meet challenging work goals.
- Possess ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Europe.
What do we offer?Employment conditions
BAM Ireland are long standing & reputable main contractors who are committed to providing the successful candidate with excellent career progression opportunities in addition to on-going professional development.
You will enjoy working with a committed, enthusiastic and experienced team guided by a highly experienced Manager who will provide you with support & development throughout the project.
At BAM we are committed to learning and development and with our CPD accreditation from Engineers Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Company InformationBAM Ireland ranks among the top Building & Civil Engineering Contractors operating both in Ireland and internationally and has carried out projects of the largest scale and complexity. We build, refurbish and extend buildings around the country and cover all sectors – Healthcare, Industrial, Civic, Leisure, Offices, Residential, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Hi-Tech and Data-Centre’s. We successfully deliver projects with the highest standards, safety and attention to detail & we have won many industry awards in the process.
All CVS’s are treated in the strictest confidence. BAM Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
Reporting to the Construction Manager you are responsible for ensuring that the project adheres to the highest quality standards and complies with all organisational and regulatory obligations. You will be part of the dynamic Construction department within BAM.
About the project
BAM Ireland are the main contractors on the New Children’s Hospital that will be finished in 2021. The hospital will be the largest government project in the history of the state. The new children’s hospital will be 7 stories at its highest, comprising of approx. 160,000m2 of accommodation including the car park. The hospital will have 6150 rooms in total, with 380 individual inpatient rooms, each with an en-suite and bed for parent to sleep near their child, 93 Day Beds and 22 operating theatres and procedure rooms. The hospital will have 1,000 underground car parking spaces (675 of these for families which can be pre-booked and 31 Emergency spaces outside ED supported by a concierge). When completed the project will be the size of Dundrum Town Centre, with an internal street the length of Grafton Street. The hospital will have 4 acres of outdoor areas and 14 gardens and internal courtyards – including the Rainbow Garden which is the length of Croke Park.