Health and Safety Officer
“BAM Ireland have a vacancy for a Health & Safety Advisor in Tallaght”
DescriptionRoles and Responsibilities
- Ensure H&S management systems are implemented and maintained across the site.
- Managing the administration for the Health & Safety induction & training plans for all site personnel.
- Regularly review and assisting the update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Manage training & compliance files for all colleagues & sub-contractors on site
- Ensure that staff have all the relevant manuals and training certifications
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Lead & promote a continuous improvement culture in relation to all health, safety and environmental work practices on the site.
- Identify areas of risk and develop risk assessments/measures to reduce and control.
- Conduct weekly audits, safety inspections and tool box talks
- Investigate/report accidents and incidents on-site ensuring relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with project stakeholders
Job RequirementsJob Specification
- Degree qualification or its equivalent in Health & Safety
- 3 years’ experience in a Health & Safety role on construction/civils projects
- Ability to work on large scale, high headcount construction sites & sub-contractors essential.
- Assist the H&S Officer when liaising with client’s representatives while on site including attendance at meetings
- Issue and develop performance reports and policies to Construction Director
- Strong time management skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Have excellent communication and inter- personal skills
- Very good IT skills with familiarity working with Microsoft packages
- BIM 360 field would be a plus but not a deal breaker
What do we offer?Employment conditions
BAM Ireland are long standing & reputable main contractors who are committed to providing the successful candidate with excellent career progression opportunities in addition to on-going professional development.
You will enjoy working with a committed, enthusiastic and experienced team guided by a highly experienced Manager who will provide you with support & development throughout the project.
At BAM we are committed to learning and development and with our CPD accreditation from Engineers Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Company InformationWho are we
BAM Ireland ranks among the top Building & Civil Engineering Contractors operating both in Ireland and internationally and has carried out projects of the largest scale and complexity. We build, refurbish and extend buildings around the country and cover all sectors – Healthcare, Industrial, Civic, Leisure, Offices, Residential, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Hi-Tech and Data-Centre’s. We successfully deliver projects with the highest standards, safety and attention to detail & we have won many industry awards in the process.
All CVS’s are treated in the strictest confidence. BAM Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
Reporting to the project manager, you are responsible for the effective management safety standards, ensuring that all legal requirements are met. You will be part of the dynamic Construction department within BAM.
About the project
The satellite centre will provide urgent care and general paediatric & trauma orthopaedics OPD services, chronic disease management, diagnostics and to support community and home based services at a 1.04 ha site to the southeast of Tallaght Hospital. This comprises of a 3,142m2 extension 3 storey extension and 1,324 m2 refurbishment works at ground floor level of the existing hospital building.