- Project planning and designing works
- Assist Senior Engineer with Client and stakeholder management
- Assist the management of direct labour and plant resources
- Management of Sub Contractors
- Management of Materials
- Establishing, monitoring and maintaining reporting arrangements, resources and client relationships.
- Assist in the preparation of designs for works under the contract. Monitor site progress of construction teams.
- Record all as - build information using GPS and update GIS System.
- Keep good site records and assist commercial team in preparation of applications
- Advising on commercial risks within the project or projects.
- Identifying change and implementing change control process and agreement
- Keeping management fully advised of any issue/risk which has arisen or might arise and which could affect the business/project.
- 1 Years’ experience is preferable
- Knowledge of design and build contracts
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Good commercial and business acumen and IT literacy
- A third level qualification in a construction related discipline
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- A clean Full Irish Driving Licence (Preferable)
What do we offer?Employment Conditions
BAM Ireland are long standing & reputable main contractors who are committed to providing the successful candidate with excellent career progression opportunities in addition to on-going professional development. BAM Ireland’s key asset is its people, we focus on recruiting and retaining our employees so that the company can continue to develop and succeed within the industry.
Why join BAM Ireland
Opportunities! Opportunities to work with a great team on some of Irelands largest and most exciting construction and civil engineering projects. Opportunity to develop your skills to the highest industry standards while earning competitive salaries.
If successful, you will be part of a dynamic team that works together to deliver results but also to further develop your career through our four key pillars; open collaboration, scalable learning, proactive ownership and predictable performance.
BAM are committed to its employees and offer strong competitive salaries along with benefits such as; 8% pension contribution, health care program, Learning and Development opportunities, further education, company vehicles (depending on the role), opportunities to travel, bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements and many more.
You will enjoy working with a committed, enthusiastic and experienced team guided by a highly experienced Manager who will provide you with support & development throughout the project. It's a fast paced, processed driven environment where teamwork and sharing priorities on a regular basis is key to success. No two days are the same
At BAM we are committed to learning and development and with our CPD accreditation from Engineers Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Company InformationBAM Ireland wish to employ a number of Graduate Engineers for our projects based in Ireland
Candidates must be undertaking studies within an Irish 3rd Level Institution, and must be eligible to work within the EU.
Who are we:
BAM Ireland ranks among the top Building & Civil Engineering Contractors operating both in Ireland and internationally and has carried out projects of the largest scale and complexity. We build, refurbish and extend buildings around the country and cover all sectors – Healthcare, Industrial, Civic, Leisure, Offices, Residential, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Hi-Tech and Data-Centre’s. We successfully deliver projects with the highest standards, safety and attention to detail & we have won many industry awards in the process.
All CVS’s are treated in the strictest confidence. BAM Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
Reporting to the Senior Engineer you are responsible for assisting the effective management of the site from initial stages to the project handover, ensuring projects are completed in a safe and professional manner along with the professional management of sub-contractors. You will be part of the dynamic Engineering department within BAM.
The successful graduate will be part of this year’s Early Careers Graduate programme commencing in June 2020.
- Knowledge sharing workshops delivered by our in-house expert colleagues
- Structured competency-based training plans
- On the job training & assessments
- Behavioural development programme
- Mentoring & Chartership Roadmap
Luas Red Cow Depot
Luas Red Cow Maintenance Depot Building
N11 Newlands Cross, Dublin
Widening of the Naas road and flyover at Newlands Cross
Corrib Gas Tunnel
4.9km Corrib tunnel under Sruwaddacon Bay