- Implementation of Daily and Weekly Programmes together with the issue of programme detail to sub-contractors
- Attending weekly Management Team meeting for clients Construction Team
- Maintaining the Site Diary – recording manpower levels for each sub-contractor and keeping detailed notes of all site activities
- Responsible for the day to day managing of the site
- Maintain a constant drive to achieve production outputs in order to meet targets while maintaining quality standards
- Help manage project in line with the agreed production targets
- Manage the workflow of sub-contractors ensuring they're in line with the programme of works on site
- Assisting with the control of equipment on site
- Co-ordinating and managing of subcontractors
- Ability to motivate Labourers and sub-contractors
- Provide clear leadership and direction to the site team while maintaining a professional manner is essential
- Professional qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in the role of General Foreman
- Strong time management skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of the construction industry and working on site
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
What do we offer?Employment conditions
BAM Ireland are long standing & reputable main contractors who are committed to providing the successful candidate with excellent career progression opportunities in addition to on-going professional development. BAM Ireland’s key asset is its people, we focus on recruiting and retaining our employees so that the company can continue to develop and succeed within the industry.
Why join BAM Ireland
Opportunities! Opportunities to work with a great team on some of Irelands largest and most exciting construction and civil engineering projects. Opportunity to develop your skills to the highest industry standards while earning competitive salaries.
If successful, you will be part of a dynamic team that works together to deliver results but also to further develop your career through our four key pillars; open collaboration, scalable learning, proactive ownership and predictable performance.
BAM are committed to its employees and offer strong competitive salaries along with benefits such as; 8% pension contribution, health care program, Learning and Development opportunities, further education, company vehicles (depending on the role), opportunities to travel, bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements and many more.
You will enjoy working with a committed, enthusiastic and experienced team guided by a highly experienced Manager who will provide you with support & development throughout the project. It's a fast paced, processed driven environment where teamwork and sharing priorities on a regular basis is key to success. No two days are the same.
At BAM we are committed to learning and development and with our CPD accreditation from Engineers Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Company InformationWho are we:
BAM Ireland ranks among the top Building & Civil Engineering Contractors operating both in Ireland and internationally and has carried out projects of the largest scale and complexity. We build, refurbish and extend buildings around the country and cover all sectors – Healthcare, Industrial, Civic, Leisure, Offices, Residential, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Hi-Tech and Data-Centre’s. We successfully deliver projects with the highest standards, safety and attention to detail & we have won many industry awards in the process.
All CVS’s are treated in the strictest confidence. BAM Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
Covid-19 updateShow more
We care about your health and safety. Click here to learn about BAM’s guidelines on recruiting during the coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak.
New Project: New Childrens Hospital, Dublin
On-going Project: One Molesworth Street, Dublin
Recently Completed Project: Coláiste Ailigh, Donegal