- Produce accurate, consistent and professional records, reports and general information
- Complete associated external facade works in accordance with the program
- Set out the work requirements and ensure that foremen and operatives clearly understand the information provided
- Conduct your work in a safe manner – correct and report those who do not
- Maximise profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality and safety standards.
- Provide Technical support to the Project Team
- Manage with buildability issues related to the external envelope.
- Help Project Manager deliver the project on time and within budget
- Supervise, coordinate and monitor façade sub-contractors’ performance
- Maintain accurate records of extra works and variations and ensuring appropriate communication of such work and variation to the project management
- Maintaining a tidy, safe and efficient site at all times
- Reporting to Façade Project Manager
- Relevant Engineering or Construction Management qualification.
- Extensive main contracting background is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Self-motivated and hard worker
- Strong team building skills
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as an engineer (façade experience appreciated)
- Technical and practical knowledge of the building industry
- Advance knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and industry specific software
- Excellent written and oral presentation skill
What do we offer?Employment conditions
BAM Ireland are long standing & reputable main contractors who are committed to providing the successful candidate with excellent career progression opportunities in addition to on-going professional development. BAM Ireland’s key asset is its people, we focus on recruiting and retaining our employees so that the company can continue to develop and succeed within the industry.
Why join BAM Ireland
Opportunities! Opportunities to work with a great team on some of Irelands largest and most exciting construction and civil engineering projects. Opportunity to develop your skills to the highest industry standards while earning competitive salaries.
If successful, you will be part of a dynamic team that works together to deliver results but also to further develop your career through our four key pillars; open collaboration, scalable learning, proactive ownership and predictable performance.
BAM are committed to its employees and offer strong competitive salaries along with benefits such as; 8% pension contribution, health care program, Learning and Development opportunities, further education, company vehicles (depending on the role), opportunities to travel, bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements and many more.
You will enjoy working with a committed, enthusiastic and experienced team guided by a highly experienced Manager who will provide you with support & development throughout the project. It's a fast paced, processed driven environment where teamwork and sharing priorities on a regular basis is key to success. No two days are the same
At BAM we are committed to learning and development and with our CPD accreditation from Engineers Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Company InformationWho are we:
BAM Ireland ranks among the top Building & Civil Engineering Contractors operating both in Ireland and internationally and has carried out projects of the largest scale and complexity. We build, refurbish and extend buildings around the country and cover all sectors – Healthcare, Industrial, Civic, Leisure, Offices, Residential, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Hi-Tech and Data-Centre’s. We successfully deliver projects with the highest standards, safety and attention to detail & we have won many industry awards in the process.
All CVS’s are treated in the strictest confidence. BAM Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
About the Project
BAM Ireland are the main contractors on the New Children’s Hospital that will be finished in 2021. The hospital will be the largest government project in the history of the state. The new children’s hospital will be 7 stories at its highest, comprising of approx. 160,000m2 of accommodation including the car park. The hospital will have 6150 rooms in total, with 380 individual inpatient rooms, each with an en-suite and bed for parent to sleep near their child, 93 Day Beds and 22 operating theatres and procedure rooms. The hospital will have 1,000 underground car parking spaces (675 of these for families which can be pre-booked and 31 Emergency spaces outside ED supported by a concierge). When completed the project will be the size of Dundrum Town Centre, with an internal street the length of Grafton Street. The hospital will have 4 acres of outdoor areas and 14 gardens and internal courtyards – including the Rainbow Garden which is the length of Croke Park.