Contracts Manager-New Project
Contracts Manager New Project
- Project Management of large-scale site reporting to the Construction Director.
- Single point responsibility for project out-turn from tender stage through construction and handover.
- Point of contact for the client, responsible for engaging with the client in conjunction with our commercial manager on site commercial decisions.
- Provide leadership to the project construction team to ensure works are carried out to the required quality, Health & Safety and environmental standards, in full compliance with the Planning Permission.
- Preparation of Project Execution Plan including Contracting Strategy, Programme, Budget and risks mitigation plan.
- Responsible for managing the daily operation of the site and must be capable of managing a large construction team.
- The ability to communicate effectively with both client and design team.
- Liaison with Planning/Development Team to ensure project value-engineered during the Pre-Construction Stage.
- Management of the Project Design Team during construction to ensure coordination of information flows to the site teams.
- Implementation of best practice in project controls, performance management, and Project Reporting.
- Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent;
- The ideal candidate should have min 12 years’ experience working on both large commercial and residential projects of circa 100 million.
- Pervious experience delivering a largescale project in a tight time frame and on a tight city centre site.
- Experience of Precast frame installation as well as post tensioning works and unitised façade installation is necessary.
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards.
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Have good spoken and written communication skills.
- Be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate.
- Good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
- The drive to be responsible for exceeding targets.
What do we offer?Employment conditions
BAM Ireland are long standing & reputable main contractors who are committed to providing the successful candidate with excellent career progression opportunities in addition to on-going professional development. BAM Ireland’s key asset is its people, we focus on recruiting and retaining our employees so that the company can continue to develop and succeed within the industry.
Why join BAM Ireland
Opportunities! Opportunities to work with a great team on some of Irelands largest and most exciting construction and civil engineering projects. Opportunity to develop your skills to the highest industry standards while earning competitive salaries.
If successful, you will be part of a dynamic team that works together to deliver results but also to further develop your career through our four key pillars; open collaboration, scalable learning, proactive ownership and predictable performance.
BAM are committed to its employees and offer strong competitive salaries along with benefits such as; 8% pension contribution, health care program, Learning and Development opportunities, further education, company vehicles (depending on the role), opportunities to travel, bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements and many more.
You will enjoy working with a committed, enthusiastic and experienced team guided by a highly experienced Manager who will provide you with support & development throughout the project. It's a fast paced, processed driven environment where teamwork and sharing priorities on a regular basis is key to success. No two days are the same
At BAM we are committed to learning and development and with our CPD accreditation from Engineers Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Company InformationWho are we:
BAM Ireland ranks among the top Building & Civil Engineering Contractors operating both in Ireland and internationally and has carried out projects of the largest scale and complexity. We build, refurbish and extend buildings around the country and cover all sectors – Healthcare, Industrial, Civic, Leisure, Offices, Residential, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Hi-Tech and Data-Centre’s. We successfully deliver projects with the highest standards, safety and attention to detail & we have won many industry awards in the process.
All CVS’s are treated in the strictest confidence. BAM Ireland is an equal opportunities employer