Quantity Surveyor - Newcastle Upon Tyne.
DescriptionBAM Nuttall are looking to expand our commercial team in the North of England and are seeking dynamic and enthusiastic Quantity Surveyors to work primarily on a collaborative framework, working with both client and designer delivery partners to deliver flood schemes in the North East and Yorkshire.
Schemes will range in size and work type giving the applicant the opportunity to gain experience across a number of civil engineering disciplines. We welcome applications from people with pre and/or post contract experience, as being part of a collaborative delivery team means there will be opportunities to get involved in all stages of the project lifecycle.
We are a flexible team and would welcome applications from people seeking flexible working patterns.
Your key activities will include:
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with Company policy.
- Undertake commercial management of a project or projects at both pre and post contract stages including budget and financial control and reporting, procurement, subcontract management, change management, risk management, and liaison with clients and designers.
- Work with other disciplines such as project managers, planners, engineers and site operational teams to ensure successful outcomes on projects.
- Supervise, mentor and develop other team members where required.
Job RequirementsYour skills and experience should include:
- Previous experience at Section Quantity Surveyor level or above, leading projects or sections of large projects.
- Experience of NEC3 Option C Form of Contract (essential) and NEC4 knowledge (desirable).
- Proven experience to manage your own timetable and schedule.
- Evidence of involvement in and understanding of contract law and contractual obligations.
- Knowledge of civil engineering / construction procedures and working methods.
- Forward thinking and willing to work in a collaborative environment.
What do we offer?In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance. This may include flexible working and working from home where it is appropriate to do so.