Project Quantity Surveyor
Project Quantity Surveyor - Birmingham.
DescriptionRequired to work on our HS2 enabling works contract (Area Central) out of central Birmingham offices.
As part of the Fusion JV, we will deliver essential preparatory ground works to some 100km of the phase 1 route, before the commencement of major civil engineering activities.
Typical activities will include; highway design and build schemes, demolition, ground remediation, advanced landscape planting and woodland habitat creation, watercourse activities, utility diversions, design and build of new ecological sites, site clearance and establishing site compounds. In addition, Fusion are also responsible for undertaking a wide range of intrusive and non-intrusive surveys, ranging from environmental, ecology, soil and ground investigation, demolition and archaeology.
Your key activities will include:
- Maintain effective communications with Contracts Managers, Project Management, Commercial Management and other associated disciplines.
- Assist in staff matters which may include: staff succession awareness, development, competency and retainment.
- Advise on project needs to ensure adequate commercial support is provided.
- Provide input to staff performance and development reviews and management of the commercial training programme.
- Deliver commercial training.
- Attend QES meetings if required by AQS / CM.
- Attend Commercial forums.
- Attend and provide input to project start-up and close-out meetings.
- Assist in drafting and promote usage of business processes.
- Assist in roll out & support application of commercial processes as required by AQS / CM.
- Undertake audits and provide feedback.
- Provide an input to business development and work acquisition.
- Provide commercial input to contacts with client’s representatives.
- Provide Commercial advice to the site team in connection with all project issues and provide input to area commercial discussions and reviews.
- Take part in discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
- Provide support and guidance and, where necessary, be involved in implementing actions and agreed strategy from all commercial discussions / reviews.
- Ensure the production of timely and accurate monthly cost and value reports, quarterly forecasts and cash-flow information and present them to senior management.
- Ensure the timely production and presentation of adequate levels of applications for payment in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
- Provide input to risk profiling and management on projects.
- Produce and negotiate insurance claims with insurer’s representatives.
- Liaise with and/or manage designers.
- Liaise with and/or manage external consultants.
- Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through contract vetting and input to sub-contract documentation.
- Manage / carry out regular materials reconciliations.
Job RequirementsYour qualifications and experience should include:
- To the standard of Member of CICES or RICS.
- Successful experience at Senior Quantity Surveyor level.
- Evidence of involvement in and understanding of construction law and contractual terms in all standard contract forms.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
What do we offer?In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.