Project Manager - South West
We are currently working on a number of projects tthroughout the South West, with particular needs for PM's to manage in Reading, Bristol and/or Devonport, Plymouth. We require Project Managers who can lead project teama to deliver a safe and quality project, exceeding our customers’ expectations in line with the business strategy.
• The Leadership, Management and oversight of all areas of the project, delivering successful project outcomes in all areas, and maintaining high standards of professionalism.
• Communicating effectively and professionally with everyone associated with the project and the wider community.
• Providing operational, strategic and contractual direction for the whole project team.
• Setting a personal example in health safety and environmental matters through strong, visible leadership (including safety tours). Acting as a champion for all company and sub-contractor employees. Actively supporting HSQE initiatives, both on the project and across business.
• Maintaining high standards in environmental awareness and behaviour.
• Driving quality delivery through effective planning and right first time delivery.
• Taking a personal interest in mentoring and developing key staff to their next level.
• Leading and managing the project team, ensuring high levels of commitment, morale and motivation at all levels.
• Adopting, maintaining and promoting cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
• Maintaining a good working relationship with the client and his/her project management and supervisory team and the supply chain.
• Promote repeat business by maintaining personal contact with key clients and stakeholders, and by demonstrating high levels of commitment to their requirements.
• Establishing, maintaining and monitoring an effective, programme based cost management system, to facilitate financial control with reliable QF preparation and reporting.
• Ensuring realistic programmes are prepared, managed, monitored, reviewed, and updated according to the requirements of the project and contract.
• Ensuring processes are in place for the preparation, review and briefing of method statements, activity plans and risk assessments and measures implemented to ensure they are reviewed and updated accordingly.
• Ensuring systems are in place for the successful commercial and financial management of the project.
• Ensuring all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
• Using appropriate and effective communication methods such as recorded internal weekly progress meetings to communicate with the whole project team.
• Keeping line management appraised of potential risks and opportunities associated with the project and the potential for future work opportunities.
• Maintaining close working relationship with company departments to maximise support for the project and for opportunities to share knowledge.