Project Manager - Manchester.
DescriptionRequired to work on our TransPennine Route Upgrade project out of our project offices near Manchester Piccadilly station.
Initially, for the first 18 months, you will support the civils project development and provide key constructability input in the GRIP stages, transitioning into the build and delivery phase (Manchester to Leeds).
Working initially in a small team during the GRIP 4 to 5 stages, although part of the much bigger £3bn TransPennine Route Upgrade Project, you will undertake the following roles:
- Provide support to the Head of Civils as required.
- Provide support on constructability to the Project Design Team.
- Support the development of GRIP 3 key logistics and accommodation strategies.
- Develop a bulk material strategy as part of the GRIP 4 stage.
- Lead production of the GRIP 3 constructability appraisal reports and provide advice to design teams during GRIP 4/5.
- Support the development of reports to help inform the Transport and Work Act Order (TWAO) process.
- Support the strategic Access Planning team to help develop a possession strategy for optimal delivery.
- Support estimators and commercial teams during estimate development phase.
- Support the Project Director to deliver project works.
- Manage overall responsibility for delivery of this section of work safely and to time and budget.
Job RequirementsYour qualifications, skills and experience must include:
- Degree, HND in Engineering or equivalent.
- CSCS Level - Academically or Professionally Qualified Person / Manager.
- Considerable experience in a senior position within Rail / Civils.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and management capabilities to manage a project or a portfolio of projects with an equivalent value / turnover of £2m per month minimum (or £24m per year minimum).
- Specialist technical or managerial knowledge, aligned to the specific nature of the nature of interventions being developed as part of the TransPennine Route Upgrade route between Manchester and Leeds
- Must be excellent communicator and able to work in an open plan multidisciplinary environment.
- Project Management qualifications APM PPQ.
- Qualified to Chartered Engineer level (MICE or equivalent).
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Experience working on projects based on collaborative forms of contracts.
- Earthworks and heavy structures experience.
What do we offer?In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.