Planning Engineer – Newcastle
Building the present, creating the future
DescriptionWe are looking for an enthusiastic Planning Engineer who can strengthen our team in Newcastle.
We seek someone who combines a passion for developing innovative methods for tender planning with a disciplined and responsible approach to safety, project controls and contract administration during project delivery.
We work with P6 and Synchro. Although experience with both is important, we would be happy to discuss training opportunities with experienced sub-agents who can demonstrate strong IT skills.
Job RequirementsYour qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- A qualification in civil engineering to HND or degree level.
- Substantial experience, to at least sub-agent level, across a wide range of civil engineering projects, with a good understanding of commercial and contractual matters particularly with respect to NEC form of contract.
- An appreciation of BIM / digital construction tools and workflows.
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- Thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques.
- A sound knowledge of typical production rates.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- Competency in the use of P6 and Synchro (preferable), and in the use of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work to defined, often challenging, timescales.
What do we offer?In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Company InformationBAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group’s ten operating companies. One of Europe’s largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.