Payroll Administrator – Camberley
Building the present, creating the future
DescriptionBAM Nuttall is a leading UK Civil Engineering contractor with its Head Office in Camberley, Surrey.
The purpose of this role is to ensure accurate and timely processing of monthly and weekly payroll, collate and manipulate data received from various sources and upload it on payroll system, analyse large amount of data, respond to the payroll operations queries and ensure full compliance with data protection and GDPR at all times.
Your key activities will include:
- Assist in preparing the weekly and payroll and liaising with all levels of employees.
- Dealing with all payroll queries from employees.
- Comply with Payroll timetables and policies.
- Assist team in data manipulation and data upload of payroll input data received from various areas of the business.
- Actively involved in all aspects of administering and processing our large weekly (1,200) and monthly (1,800) payrolls.
- Collating and processing employee subsistence and calculating holiday pay for employees.
- Delivery of all payroll activities as assigned to time and quality ensuring a high level of accuracy at all times.
Job RequirementsYour qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- 3-5 years of processing knowledge for UK payroll both weekly and monthly.
- Strong numerical competency in data entry and data conversion.
- Confident in manual processing of payroll from start to finish.
- Must be able to manipulate and upload large amount of data on excel received from various sources with high accuracy.
- Collate and prepare time and attendance data for payroll on excel using Vlookups to meet payroll deadlines.
- Strong Payroll knowledge on current payroll legislation i.e SSP, SMP, CSA, NIC and Attachment of Earnings Order.
- Proven track record of delivering payroll in a challenging and continually improving payroll processes which is manual and Excel based.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel with particular focus on having intermediate Excel skills of Vlookups, Pivots.
- Clear and logical thinking under pressure and the ability to work independently and deliver strong results.
- Knowledge of iTrent and Business Objects.
- Knowledge of processing payroll in construction industry.
- Experienced with payroll and pension reconciliations.
- Experience of using various payroll systems and ability to adapt and learn new systems.
- Some experience in processing P11Ds.
- Proven track record of delivering services in a challenging and continually improving shared service environment.
What do we offer?Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Company InformationBAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group’s ten operating companies. One of Europe’s largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.