Assistant Digital Co-ordinator
CONSTRUCT. BUILD. SHAPE. DESIGN. CREATE.
You can do all of this and more with BAM.
BAM Construction are recruiting an Assistant Digital Co-Ordinator to join the team in the North West working out of the regional office based at the Metro building, Exchange Quay, Salford. Attending sites for meetings and training sessions will also be required.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the implementation and monitoring project digital construction compliance, on live projects, in line with industry best practice and contracted requirements. Projects will commonly be in the range of £10-50 million, on a variety of contract types and procurement routes.
Digital Construction Responsibilities:
• Understand and have experience of working in a collaborative digital environment aligned with BS1192:2007; BS1192:4; PAS1192:2, 3, 4, 6.
• Understand the new BS EN ISO 19650-1 & BS EN ISO 19650-2.
• Understand and have experience of working with Employers Information Requirements (EIR) and Asset Information Registers (AIR) to contribute to the production and development of the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) & Model Production Deliver Table (MPDT).
• Contribution in establishing the information structure and standards for the Project Information Model (PIM) and Asset Information Model (AIM), agreeing output formats and validating compliance.
• Support the auditing of consultants and subcontractors for BIM/digital capability, highlighting any skills/resource ambiguity.
• Encourage collaboration between the site team, design team and the supply chain.
• Model federation from the design team and the supply chain.
• Quality assurance checks from the design team and the supply chain.
• Clash detection checks and communication of the results to the Design Manager, design team and supply chain using a cloud based collaboration tool.
• Support BIM 360 deployment and training on site.
• Support 4D & 5D champions on site.
• Represent the North West region at Digital Construction events.
• Attend design team and supply chain meetings as required to support project digital deliverables.
• R&D of new technologies and equipment.
• 3D modelling (Logistics, Temporary Works, etc.)
Digital Construction Skills:
• Navisworks Manage.
• Solibri Model Checker (Desirable).
• Synchro 4D (Desirable).
• Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality (Desirable).
• BIM 360 Field and Glue – on site data capture and snagging (Desirable).
• Lumion and/or Twinmotion (Desirable).
• Drone data/photogrammetry use (Desirable).
Who are we looking for?
• Relevant experience in a similar role (design, contractor or supplier).
• Experience in delivering BIM level 2 projects and BIM in general.
• Experience in using an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) in a Common Data Environment (CDE).
• Construction and/or BIM related degree or higher.
• Ability to work efficiently in order to meet deadlines.
• Able to work individually on specific tasks and as part of the project and digital construction team.
• Ability to communicate (both verbally and written) with consultants, designers, suppliers and project teams.
• Ambition – the desire to develop in their career.
What do we offer?
In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, including a car allowance and bonus, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share our value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.