Agent – South East
Building the present, creating the future
DescriptionDue to our continued work on the rail multi-discipline framework in Southern England (mainly covering Kent, Sussex and South London) we require Agents capable of managing work ranging from 300k up to £4million.
Your key activities will include:
- Set personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures, and personal safety tours.
- Manage, supervise and mentor the project team as appropriate.
- Adopt, maintain and promote cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
- Implement and promote the use of BIM technologies to deliver the requirements of the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and the supply chain.
- Encourage repeat business by adopting a professional attitude with clients and stakeholders.
- Establish, maintain and monitor an effective, programme based cost management system, to facilitate control with reliable QF preparation.
- Ensure realistic short, medium and contract programmes are prepared, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared, briefed, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
- Ensure all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
- Use recorded weekly internal progress meetings to communicate with all levels of the team.
- Keep off-site line management apprised of potential problems and future work opportunities.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with buying department to ensure compliant advantageous procurement terms.
- Take a personal interest in developing staff to their next level.
- Keep abreast of developments in professional field.
- Establish close working relationship with general foreman to ensure cost-effective use of labour and plant.
Job RequirementsYour qualifications and experience should include:
- Qualified to ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful management of a section of a major project, or acting as sub-agent on a similar project.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant government legislation.
- Working knowledge of construction techniques and contract law relevant to construction contracts.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
What do we offer?In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.